- Used for cross-site replication in Infinispan.
- Compared to RELAY, RELAY2 allows to be connected to more than 1 site. In 3.3, we're planning to add hierarchical routing, ie. to allow for tree-like site composition.
- Multicasting across sites is also supported.
- Internationalized logging
- The most important user-facing warnings and error messages (e.g. configuration errors) have been internationalized.
- Error/warning translations are in jg-messages.properties. If someone wants to translate these into a different language, e.g. French, just copy jg-messages.properties into jg-messages_fr.properties and translate the messages. The new file now only needs to be added to the classpath, no changes to JGroups !
- Reduction of error/warn messages
- Sometimes there are a lot of recurring warnings or error messages, e.g. warnings about messages received from different clusters, or warnings about messages from members with different JGroups versions.
- These can now be suppressed for a certain time, e.g. we can configure that there's only *one* warning every 60 seconds about messages from different clusters.
A full list of features and bug fixes is here.
The manual can be found at http://www.jgroups.org/manual-3.x/html/index.html.
Questions and feedback as usual on the mailing lists.
Kreuzlingen, Oct 2012